Blog

Various and random musings from my life working as a UK-based singer and actor.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Bit of a round up...

I seem to have missed out on few weeks during December, so I think I'd better catch up a bit.

The last post was just before I started working on the 'Sweeney Todd' movie rehearsals. That took up quite a lot of time during the past few weeks, and I've been a tad knackered to say the least, doing the work up at Pinewood and also in town for The Producers - but of course, it's all worth it!!

Although I'm not able to really say anything about what I have been doing, it has been an amazing experience, and everyone I have met and worked with has been really great. I even got to meet Mr Sondheim himself before Christmas, and that may well have been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

The show has been going very well, and although there have been a few shows with slightly small audiences - hardly surprising since Christmas occurred over a weekend - they have always been very warm. I have only 11 shows left at the Theatre Royal, and I just can't believe it has gone so quickly. I'm glad in a way that the tour is happening right away, as I don't feel I have "finished" with the show yet. I may re-think that in a year's time!

I've also been involved in a couple of concerts in Birmingham and at the Albert Hall - "White Christmas". These are shows I have done for a few years (when I have been able to) and it is a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. Lots of favourite songs for people to join in with, and a big gang from The Producers came along this time - bless 'em!

Later this week are the Cole Porter Celebration concerts in Birmingham once again and at the Barbican. And I think that's it for 2006. 2007 is "full" already with more Sweeney Todd and The Producers UK Tour, so I'll not be getting bored.

I hope everyone's had a great Christmas.... see you in the New Year :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter