Blog

Various and random musings from my life working as a UK-based singer and actor.

Monday, June 12, 2006

It's been a while...

...but I have finally found my way back to the West End again!

I was very excited to hear from my agent that I had been offered a role in the London cast of "The Producers" at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. I will be playing various characters in the show and also covering (understudying) Roger DeBris and the Lead Tenor.

The last time I was involved in a long run of a show in London was Les Miserables, back in 1998 - phew, that makes me feel old!! Although I have done some great work since then, and also done quite a bit of work in London, it's going to be great to combine the two again.

A friend of mine is currently in the cast and has decided to extend her contract until the show closes in January 2007, so it's cool that there will be at least one friendly face when I open in the show in August. We have 3 weeks of rehearsals from the middle of July and then open on the 7th August.

The production of "Little Women" which I was involved with last year took place at the Theatre Royal, but it's a great theatre to be able to say you have spent some time in - with it's history and the kudos it holds, having had so many fantastic shows and performances on the stage.

I'll try and post as often as possible, as I did with Scrooge so you can have some idea of what's going on!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations! Hey, you'll be working in the West End WHEN I'M ACTUALLY IN THE COUNTRY!!!! *g* (seriously - I should be back for a week or so in November.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter